The conference will take place in:
- "Sala de Graus" and "Sala de Juntes" in Catalunya campus of Universitat Rovira i Virgili of Tarragona, Av. Catalunya 35, - 43002 Tarragona.
- Getting to Tarragona: Information is given below (see "Travel"). Bus and railway connections from Barcelona airport (90 km. away) are available. Reus airport (8 km. away) is a smaller airport with several low-cost connections to other areas in Europe.
- Tarragona is a Catalan city that was founded in 218 BC by the Roman conqueror Scipio, and soon became the capital of the Roman province of Hispania Citerior (later called Tarraconense), covering most of the Iberian peninsula. The Roman emperor Cesar Augustus lived in the city from year 27 BC to 24 BC. Several monuments and buildings, as well as the ancient walls of the city, still remain from Roman times. The city has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage. Besides, Tarragona enjoys a central position in Costa Daurada, a touristic region with beaches and other facilities (the Port Aventura theme park).
- Tarragona is 10 km away from Reus. Reus is a commercial city, with several remarkable buildings from the Art Nouveau period (early 20th century). It is the birth town of Antoni Gaudí.
- Tarragona is 90 km away from Barcelona. Trains connect both cities every hour.
- By plane to Barcelona, and then by bus from Barcelona airport to Tarragona city center ("Ràpid Aeroport - Autocars Plana"). Alternatively, a suburban train can be taken from Barcelona airport to Barcelona Sants station; from there, regional trains to Tarragona depart every hour. From Sants Station you can also take a High-Speed train to Camp de Tarragona Station (10 km. far from Tarragona). Then you can reach the city center by Taxi or Bus (Autocars Plana).
- By plane to Reus airport (if a connection is available with your home town) and then by bus or taxi to Tarragona (8 km. trip).
Accommodation and tourist information:
- Some convenient downtown hotels within 5 to 10 minutes on foot to the conference venue are (web links are given so that you can check rates and book):
- Hotel Ciutat de Tarragona
(4-star), comfortably located in Plaça Imperial Tarraco in downtown Tarragona. 5 minutes on foot to conference venue.
- Hotel AC Tarragona (4-star), located near Plaça Imperial Tarraco in downtown Tarragona. 6 minutes on foot to conference venue.
- Hotel Imperial Tarraco
(4-star), superbly built on an exalted place in the seafront and offering the best views of town and sea. 10 minutes on foot to conference venue.
- Hotel Urbis (3-star), located at the heart of the city, near the market. 10 minutes on foot to conference venue.
- Hotel Plaça de la Font (1-star), located in the heart of Tarragona's Old Town. 10 minutes on foot to conference venue.
- Aparthotel Alexandra (3-star), located in Rambla Nova. 10 minutes on foot to conference venue.
- More hotels
- Reservations are to be made directly with the hotels.