Arrival to Valencia by airplane
The airport is situated 8 km. west of the city, in the city limits of Manises. There are: a frequent bus-service from the terminal to the city centre, a metro line and taxi-service.
There are two underground lines which link the airport, the city centre and the port: the line 3 (Rafelbunyol-Aeroport) and the line 5 (Marítim Serrería - Torrent Av. / Aeroport). The station is at the ground floor of the regional flights terminal. The journey takes around 25 minutes. Tickets: €4.90 (3.90 + €1 for the card)
- To City centre: lines 3 or 5 - Xativa station.
- To Nord Railway Station: lines 3 or 5 - Xativa station.
- To Joaquin Sorolla Railway Station: lines 3 or 5 - A. Guimera station and line 1 - J. Sorolla station.
- To port: line 5 - Grau Canyamelar station.
If you arrive late to Valencia, and want to be sure if you can get from the airport to the city center by metro, in this website you can check underground timetables for a date.
Alternatively, the Aero Bus picks up passengers just outside of the departures entrance. There are two stops in Valencia and the 2nd is the closest to the city centre. Itinerary: Airport-Valencia-Airport. Direct service.
- Timetable: From 6.00 to 22.00. Every 20 minutes.
- Price: 2.5 €.
Price: From the airport to the city centre is approximately 14€. Airport Supplement, 3.5€. (should cost less than 20€)
Arrival to Valencia by train
There are two main train stations within the city's metropolitan area: Estación del Norte and Joaquín Sorolla.
Local train station (Estación del Norte)
Valencia has its own city centre station for the local train network (cercanías), which consists of six lines that connect Valencia to Gandía, Mogente, Utiel, Xirivella, Caudiel and Castellón de la Plana.
Connections from the Estación del Norte:
- METRO: Xátiva station (lines 3 and 5). More info at www.metrovalencia.es
- BUS: Lines 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 14, 19, 35, 40 and 63 (bus stops close to the Plaza del Ayuntamiento). More info at www.emtvalencia.es
- TAXI: Taxi rank (Radio Taxi Valencia and Tele Taxi Valencia). Located at the side of the station, exit through the doors next to platform 6. Telephone: +34 963 703 333 and +34 963 571 313
High-Speed Train (AVE) Station (Joaquín Sorolla Station)
From the high-speed train station, the AVE trains connect the city to Madrid, Cuenca and Albacete, with 17 daily departures and an approximate journey time of 1 hour 30 minutes. In addition, the Alaris and Euromed long-distance trains connect Valencia with Spain's main cities.
Connections from Joaquín Sorolla Station
- SHUTTLE BUS: Present your train ticket to travel for free to Estación del Norte, located in the city centre.
- METRO: Joaquín Sorolla Station (lines 1 and 5). More info at www.metrovalencia.es - BUS: Lines 9, 10, 27 (bus stop in San Vicente Mártir) and lines 89 and 90 (bus stop in Av. Giorgeta). More info at www.emtvalencia.es
- TAXI: Taxi rank outside the entrance to the station.
When you book a journey involving Barcelona, make sure you know which train you are taking and where it will arrive/depart. Only the Euromed to/from Barcelona uses the Joaquín Sorolla station (travel time: 3hrs). All the other Barcelona trains use the Estación del Norte (travel time between 3.5 and 5 hrs).
When you book a journey for Madrid, look for the AVE train that uses the Joaquín Sorolla station (There is a local train that is much slower and uses a different station, Sant Isidre).
The distance between the two stations is 1.2 km or a 14-minute walk. There is a shuttle bus that connects the two stations. Just show your Renfe ticket to qualify for a free ride.
TIP: What is the Valencia Tourist Card?
Purchase the VLC Tourist Card from the Tourist Info office in the AVE Station, and enjoy unlimited public transport within the city. You will also receive discounts for museums, leisure activities, shops, restaurants and more. More info at www.valenciatouristcard.com
It's a card that comes in 24, 48 or 72 hour formats, which offers:
- Free public transport around the city. Bus, Metro and Tram zones ABCD.
Including the journey Valencia-Airport-Valencia (L3, L5).
- Free entry to Public Museums and Monuments.
- Discounts of up to 50% on participating tourist and leisure services and in shops and restaurants.
- For children aged between 6 and 12, we offer the VALENCIA TOURIST CARD CHILDREN. Children from 0 to 5 years old travel for free on public transport and can visit tourist attractions for free or at a reduced rate.
- And for visitors who don’t require public transport, with the 7-Day Valencia Tourist Card you can save up to 50% on tickets, tourist services and leisure activities and in shops and restaurants, as well as gaining free entry to all the city’s public museums and monuments.
Some photos are available here.
PSD2018 online proceedings (Springer LNCS 11126) are available.
Free access from the conference site will be granted from September 19th to November 15th.
- Submission deadline EXTENDED deadline:
May 31, 8h00 (CEST)
MAY 27, 2018
- Acceptance notification June 29, 2018
- Proceedings version due July 8, 2018
- USB-only submission deadline July 8, 2018
- USB-only acceptance notification July 18, 2018
- USB-only proceedings version due July 25, 2018
psd2018 (at) urv.cat